Saturday 3 March 2012

Rainy days

I woke to the beautiful sound of rain this morning. There is nothing like snuggling under the covers and looking out at the rain. About ten minutes after that a guy cut down a tree right outside my bedroom with a chainsaw. What ya gonna do?

Anyway, today was definitely not going to start with an hour long walk in the rain and its still raining so I never did get to walk today. I have instead spent the day beginning a massive clean out of my walk-in-robe. Upfront you need to know that I am a complete sentimental hoarder. Example? Today I found some scratch-n-sniff stickers from when I was in grade 3! Yes they still smell and yes I still have them, they don't take up much space.

The clean up started with me dragging out everything that I had chucked into the back of my cupboard. Then I realised how much crap I have and got a bit overwhelmed. I've now managed to go through 4 boxes of craft/art/stationary type stuff as well as all of my hanging space, my underwear/socks, scarves (I LOVE scarves so I have a lot), summer shoes and handbags/clutches. All the stuff I dragged out of my cupboard? Still on the floor. That's tomorrow's battle.

My food today was ok I think. My main problem on the weekends is drinking 2L of water, its not sitting in front of me like it is at work so I forget. I have had 2 glasses of banana smoothie, a baked egg/bacon/wrap cup (home made, fat cut off), 1L water, a piece of bread with creamed honey, home made massaman chicken curry with plain rice and lots of veggies, a can of Pepsi max, a row of Cadbury bubble chocolate and a can of sugar free lemon squash.

Looking back on that list I don't think I did as well as I thought. The smoothie had ice cream in it, the creamed honey is full of sugar, the coconut milk in the curry is probably not so healthy and I had chocolate again. Bugger. Ah well, no regrets just try and do better next time. I checked and I'm actually 0.5kg lighter than yesterday. I'm starting to think this is too easy and that its just fluctuations of my body but here's hoping its not.

I'm going to enjoy going to sleep listening to the rain. Goodnight.

~Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment