Tuesday 6 March 2012

Come on baby, let's start a walking

I got back into walking today! I was determined. And then the funniest thing happened. I decided that since I wasn't planning on running today that I would use my tried and true Run Keeper app. I selected my current play list and started out. What was the first song? Elvis' 'A Little Less Conversation' (A Little More Action) and if the title of the song wasn't enough, there was a lyric that went something like 'Come on baby, let's start a walking'! Next song? The whole first verse made references to walking. The third song? Called 'It's Nice to be Alive'. So I ended up walking down the street with a silly grin on my face. I think the big guy has a sense of humour. I almost wanted to yell "Okay, okay, I get the hint!".

So after that I ended up going on an extended walk - 3.5km! It took about 40mins and included plenty of hills. I'm really glad I did it and I'm thinking I might keep this as my regular route and monitor my improvements in speed.

What did I eat today? A large glass of (weak) milo in low fat milk, a low fat yogurt, a cup of tea with LF milk and a sugar, two steamed buns - a combination & a BBQ pork, a small can of diet coke, 2 small solid chocolate Easter eggs, 1.5L water, a can of Pepsi max, a serving of roasted rolled chicken with almond stuffing (yum!), two small roast potatoes, a piece of roast parsnip and sweet potato, a serving of peas and three squares of Cadbury bubbly chocolate. Its a so-so day really health wise.

I am starting to prepare myself mentally for the  next week and a half. I have a whole bunch of things booked and all involve food in rather large quantities. I am pretty accepting that I'm likely to gain over this time so I want to keep up the walking and try and cut back the chocolate to minimise the setback!

Time for bed, I'm knackered!

~Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment