Wednesday 29 February 2012

The morning after

Despite the disgustingly early hour that I had to wake up today (I am NOT a morning person), I was really looking forward to eating right and doing a bit of exercise. Its now two hours later, I'm at work and thanks to some other people, I still haven't been able to do what I came in early for. I could have slept another hour! Ahem, sorry, I digress.

So I have been thinking about this process and how I will go about it. I want to basically start new eating habits and stop the old negative ones. So this means that detoxes, really limiting diets etc are out. I want to start something that I can maintain.

So my plan is:
  • Everything in moderation
  • Smaller servings - I will be trying out using a smaller plate, apparently this helps
  • Regular exercise - walking/running (has anyone tried couch to 5k? I'm looking into it) and a weekly Zumba class
  • Always choose the lighter option
  • No bad snacking after dinner
Its a pretty basic way of going about it but that's the way I want it. Too many rules means I will be forever feeling guilty about breaking them and I'll give up. Instead I want to admit when I've done wrong and try to do better next time.

Time to get to it.

~Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment